On this course you will develop your skills and creative ideas in a range of materials, techniques and processes working in two and three dimensions.
On the course you will:
- create a portfolio of practical work,
- visit galleries, museums and places of interest,
- exhibit work in public exhibitions,
- be involved in competitions and live projects,
- be involved in enterprise activities.
The course covers:
- graphics design,
- mixed media,
You will study 1 mandatory unit:
- Exploring the work of artists and designers
You will learn about the key trends and movements in art and design, and how these have affected the development of artists and designers. You will investigate to identify artists or designers of particular interest who you will study and use to generate new work of your own.
You will also study 5-6 of 12 optional units, including:
- Exploring photography
- Exploring graphic design and illustration
- Exploring fashion and textiles
- Exploring fine art
You will be continually assessed on your coursework, the standard of your written work, i.e. English skills and where appropriate numeracy and also a final major project.
A minimum of 4 GCSEs with the following grades:
• English at grade 3 or above and Maths at grade 2 or above, and
• two other GCSEs at grade 3 or above, ideally to include Art and Design
And a portfolio of work that shows your enthusiasm for the subject.
You could enter employment in joinery or undertake a joinery apprenticeship.