If you are a highly-motivated individual with a passion for technology and employed in the maintenance/mechanical aspects of the engineering industry then this is the course for you. This programme will help you to achieve high level skills in purpose-built workshops at College while gaining on-the-job experience with an employer.
The units you will study are:
NVQ Units Completed:
• QPEO2/001: Working safely in an engineering environment
• QPEO2/002: Working efficiently and effectively in engineering
• QPEO2/003: Using and communicating technical information
• QPEO2/005: Producing components using hand fitting techniques
• QPEO2/011: Preparing and using lathes for turning operations
• QPEO2/012: Preparing and using milling machines
• Functional Skills in maths and English
• Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR) work booklet
• Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
You will be employed as an apprentice in the appropriate industry.
3 GCSEs at A*-D (or new grade 9-3), including English
Level 1 numeracy qualification
If you do not have these, we can assess your current level of literacy/numeracy
The NVQ Level 2 qualifies you to undertake a craftsman role within engineering.
You could progress to NVQ Level 3 courses in Engineering, followed by an HNC/HND or a Foundation Degree.