Apprenticeship Framework 504 - Level 2 Engineering Improving Operational Performance (Fabrication and Welding Pathway)
If you are a highly-motivated individual with a passion for technology and employed in the fabrication and welding aspect of the engineering industry then this is the course for you. This programme will help you to achieve high level skills in purpose-built workshops at College while gaining on-the-job experience with an employer.
The units you will study are:
NVQ Units Completed Year 1:
• QPEO2/001: Working safely in an engineering environment
• QPEO2/002: Working efficiently and effectively in engineering
• QPEO2/003: Using and communicating technical information
• QPEO2/022: Producing sheet metal components and assemblies
• QPEO2/023: Producing platework components and assemblies
• QPEO2/024: Cutting and shaping materials using thermal cutting equipment
Diploma Units Completed Year 2 (Technical Certificate):
• QETI/001: Engineering environment awareness
• QETI/002: Engineering techniques
• QETI/003: Engineering principals
• QETI/008Manual welding techniques
• QETI/009Producing components from metal plate
• QETI/012Thermal cutting techniques
• Functional Skills in maths and English
• Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR) work booklet
• Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
You will need to be employed in the appropriate industry.
3 GCSE’s at A*-D (or new grade 9-4), include English
Level 1 Numeracy qualification
If you do not have these, we can assess your current level of literacy/numeracy
You could progress to NVQ Level 3 and 4 courses in Engineering, an HNC/HND course or a Foundation Degree.
The NVQ Level 2 qualifies you to undertake a craftsman role within engineering.