The Intermediate Level Apprenticeship in Operational Services is designed for those individuals who are looking to develop their knowledge and skills in order to progress their careers in this sector. It’s specifically aimed at individuals who wish to work in operational roles in leisure and recreation facilities, ranging from leisure and recreation centres to caravan and holiday parks.
What you will study
As part of the Operational Services apprenticeship you will be expected to gain several qualifications while in a working environment. These qualifications will allow you to develop particular skills and knowledge to be able to deal with the day to day duties of a leisure facility assistant, lifeguard, caravan park assistant, or receptionist. This apprenticeship consists of:
• Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Active Leisure, Learning and Well-being Operational Services
• Level 2 Certificate in Leisure Operations
• Level 1 Functional skills: English and Maths (possible exemptions dependent on previous qualifications. Evidence of qualifications will be required)
• Level 2 Employee Awareness in Active Leisure and Learning
• At least one recognisable qualification provided by the employer this can be First Aid Qualifications, Lifeguarding Qualifications, L2 Sport Coaching programmes, etc…
You will be regularly assessed by your assessor using a range of methods which will be collated into a portfolio of work to prove you are competent in your job role. The majority of assessments will be based in the workplace making sure you are working to the expected occupational standards of your job role and of your employer.
Candidates must complete a skills check test and attend an interview with a sports tutor. You will also need Level 1 literacy and numeracy qualifications. If you do not have the relevant level of qualification, we can assess your current level of literacy and/or numeracy.
It is a requirement of this course that you have a firm job offer from a suitable employer for a minimum of 30 hours per week. However, as a college we are available to support you in finding a suitable employer.
L3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Leisure Management
L3 BTEC in Sport Development, Coaching and Fitness
L3 BTEC in Sports Performance and Excellence
L3 BTEC in Sport and Exercise Science
Full-time career in the following roles:
• Leisure Assistant
• Caravan Park Assistant
Or further development and progression on the Level 3 Leisure Management Apprenticeship