Our BTEC Level 3 Information Technology qualification is available as a number of options. Your choice will depend on your future career plans and how much of the technical aspects of IT you wish to study. This qualification supports a huge range of careers in the IT industry, and progression to degree level study.
Do you want to gain the skills all employers are looking for? Our IT courses support all level of ambition, whether you are looking to gain foundation skills that will support you at in a range of roles, or you want to work in the industry as a specialist, we have the course for you!
As a three A Level equivalent, this is a full time study programme and is therefore ideal if you have decided on a career in the IT industry. You will cover all of the topics offered by our 1 and 2 A Level equivalent courses plus additional topics.
The topics you study will prepare you for a varied range of roles and degree level courses. Topics you will cover include:
• IT systems including management of these and their uses in personal and professional situations
• Data modelling, including how it can be used to solve problems. You’ll put your skills to the test by designing and implementing a data model based on a brief
• Using social media in business, and how technology can support business success
• Website development, including developing your own website
• Cyber security, and how you can manage security
• Programming and how it designs, develops and tests computer programs
• Project management
• 2D and 3D graphics
• Mobile apps development, including the development of an app
• IT service delivery
• Project management
• Computer games development, including the development of your own game to a brief
Using the latest industry standard software, you will enjoy learning under the direction of our experts in an environment that equips you with the skills to succeed in the workplace. Technology is fast paced, and by ensuring our equipment is at the forefront of the latest developments, you will be prepared for your degree level studies or the world of work. IT is integral to business and the decisions organisations make, and regardless of your IT qualification level, you will gain skills vital to any job role.
This is a highly interactive course, and you will benefit from the input of our visiting industry speakers and events such as our IMPACT day where you will be challenged by leading experts and be able to showcase your skills.
All of our students are encouraged to prepare for their future success by undertaking additional qualifications such as Microsoft Office Specialist and CISCO.
Through your experience of practical activities and theory you will develop your self-confidence and communication skills. Group work, role plays and presentations will offer you the chance to develop as a student and prepare you for your next step.
Assessment is via presentations, group work and assignments and externally assessed exams. Your work will be graded at pass, merit or distinction giving you an overall grade at the end of the course.
General entry criteria will apply. Details are available on our website.